Sunday, August 17, 2008

I've been Tagged

Really I got double tagged... by my friends Brian Webster and Becky Nibe - and I've been really slow to respond. So here goes...

What was I doing ten years ago?
Pretty much what I'm doing now only in Illinois. At that time, I was an Assistant Director for Information Technology and Communications Services (ITCS) for Extension and the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences at the University of Illinois. A few things have changed... my kids are older and pretty much out of the house. I started swimming again instead of just running. And I feel like I'm more into management than doing the hands-on technology work.

Five snacks I enjoy:
  1. Dark Chocolate (not sure what Brian is thinking)
  2. Mixed Nuts (not hot on cachews)
  3. Cookies
  4. M&Ms
  5. Corn Nuts

Five Things on My To-Do list today:
  1. Move son into the dorms at ISU
  2. Send daughter a gift box
  3. Get car fixed (struts and AC)
  4. Learn MS SharePoint (been on my list for a long time)
  5. Work on Accountability presentation (wish me luck)

Five Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
  1. Take care of the debts for my family
  2. Help others (not sure who, but wouldn't it be fun)
  3. Change my name?
  4. Beach property
  5. Feel guilty
Five jobs I've had:
  1. Paperboy
  2. Pizza boy
  3. Garbage man
  4. Air Force
  5. Programmer
Five bad habits:
  1. Procrastination (note late post)
  2. Staying 0rganized
  3. Poor diet (see snacks)
  4. Good intentions (which can get you in trouble)
  5. I need to read more
Five places I have lived:
  1. Oklahoma
  2. Texas
  3. Missouri
  4. Colorado
  5. Illinois
Five random things:
  1. I've been married to a wonderful woman for 23 years.
  2. I have two children, as different as night and day. I love them both. One is currently in Singapore and wants to see the world. The other would be happy living in my basement.
  3. I love to swim and do so about three times a week - wish I was better.
  4. Tall buildings scare me (just not right)
  5. I love good southern seafood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this, and learned a couple of things, too. I like the new blog, and look forward to reading more.